Sunday, April 21, 2013

If I could change anything in my society or community.


If I could change anything in my society or community, I would change the form of currency we use, what we do in our spare time, and many more alterations. First off, it would be much more convenient if around the globe everyone had the same currency. That way, it would be much easier to exchange or trade valuables with strangers for items that you need. If I could, I would make spending one’s free time more like it was in the late 20th century. It makes me sad to go outside and see a fraction of the amount of people playing or enjoying themselves as compared to how things were before the current updated technology we now possess. If I could alter my society for the better, I would sway people to not be racist or sexist, and to help others in need like homeless or with the elderly crossing the street, more often. If I could change my society or community, I would make it so little kids are not so mean to each other, and are taught to teach others with respect so that they grow up to behave in this manner. Children who are nicer to each other and do not name call or cause violence in their schools will be rewarded exponentially to act as a better role model for the other children.
I would cut down funding to the major corporations that maintain control over America currently. Major businesses like Viacom basically run corporate America and make it much harder for the middleman to start their own business. Their should be a limit to how big a company could get, but in modern day America, those huge corporations just pay off everyone in the business and always get what they want. There should be something done about the one “percenters”, although they did work hard to earn their position and status, it is unfair that so few are doing so well in today’s society, while so many are doing so poorly. The wealth of America should be spread to benefit the needs of the many, most definitely not the needs of the few.
In today’s society, one big alteration I would make is of the funding for education. Education is supposed to be the most vital funding asset of our country, but instead it is the least important. Getting into college or a university has become some huge competition. The government should have education as their top priority of funding, that way more colleges would be less competitive and much more people would have the opportunity to get the education they deserve. Also I would change the education system entirely. It seems wrong that we only teach general education starting at a very basic level. If a child or parent knew what type of education they strived to achieve, it would make little sense to put them through the basic routine of school right away. Per say one wanted to be an actor, why would he or she have to start at school learning things he or she will never use again for the rest of their life. It would be more ideal for that child, if it is their passion, to just start early from acting school, to better their skill of their passion in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment